Family Affair: Barbara Boxer
Anti-nepotism laws prohibit senators from putting their children on their official payrolls. Why should campaign payrolls be treated any differently?
Sen. Boxer’s campaign committee and PAC reimbursed her nearly $40,000, mostly for travel expenses. The two entities have paid more than $300,000 to Boxer & Associates, a government affairs, business development, and land use consulting firm owned by Sen. Boxer’s son, Doug Boxer.
- Four-term senator from California, ranks 14th in seniority in the Senate
- Chairwoman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee; chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Claimed nearly $40,000 in reimbursements from her campaign committee and leadership PAC
- Paid more than $300,000 to a government affairs, business development, and land use consulting firm owned by her son
- View the interactive chart