Family Affair: Chuck Grassley
A Grassley dynasty may be taking shape in the Iowa cornfields, if the senator's campaign spending is any indication.
Sen. Grassley’s campaign committee, Grassley Committee, Inc., and his leadership PAC, The Hawkeye PAC, reimbursed the senator and his wife more than $86,000. In addition, his campaign committee paid his grandson’s campaign committee and his leadership PAC paid for a congressional staffer to help his grandson’s reelection campaign.
- Six-term senator from Iowa, ranks fifth in seniority in the Senate
- Ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Claimed more than $86,000 in reimbursements from his campaign committee and leadership PAC for himself and his wife
- Paid a congressional employee more than $13,500 to work on behalf of Sen. Grassley’s grandson, an Iowa state representative, and other local Republican candidates
- Has five family members who are employed in government affairs
- View the interactive chart