Family Affair: Harry Reid
It seems that Friends for Harry Reid get a friends-and-family discount.
Sen. Reid’s son-in-law and two sons are lobbyists and Sen. Reid earmarked millions of dollars to his son-in-law’s client. In addition, Sen. Reid’s campaign committee, Friends for Harry Reid, paid his granddaughter.
- Five-term senator from Nevada, ranks 12th in seniority in the Senate
- Senate Majority Leader
- Has three relatives who have been registered lobbyists
- Co-sponsored more than $2 million in earmarks to the city of Henderson, Nevada, one of his son-in-law’s lobbying clients
- Paid his granddaughter more than $30,000 from his campaign committee for supporter gifts; reimbursed the campaign for money paid to his granddaughter after scrutiny
- View the interactive chart