Family Affair: Jerry Moran
With payments to multiple family members, Sen. Moran demonstrate the way that families of lawmakers can capitalize on their relationships.
Sen. Moran has paid his daughter and son-in-law through his campaign committee and leadership PAC. He promoted his son-in-law to a full-time position a few days before his engagement to Sen. Moran’s daughter was announced, and currently employs him as a legislative assistant.
- First-term senator from Kansas, ranks 72nd in seniority in the Senate
- Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Claimed more than more than $134,000 in reimbursements from his campaign committee and leadership PAC for himself, his wife, his daughter, and his son-in-law
- Paid his daughter more than $10,000 from his campaign committee and leadership PAC
- Employs his son-in-law as legislative assistant in his Washington office; promoted him to a full-time position days before his engagement to Sen. Moran’s daughter was announced
- View the interactive chart